Thursday, February 23, 2012

Chicken Tortilla Soup

This winter I decided to throw together a nice hearty soup after I woke up and saw this!
So beautiful! 

I really just threw some things together and it came together beautifully.

2 cups of it only 299 calories and so filling!!!


Sauted some onion, garlic, and green pepper

Roasted some chicken breast tenders with taco seasoning on them

Added shredded chicken and rest of taco seasoning

Mixed well 

Added one can of black beans and one can of kidney beans drained

This stuff is amazing, added 6 cups of water and 6 tsp of this along with 3TBS of tomato paste

Blended and YUM!    (not best picture but tasted amazing)

M and K added some avacado slices, cheese, and sour cream.  I opted to keep the calories down (which is dumb because I was so far off calories yesterday but whatever)



Here is the link to the full recipe in better detail!
http://www.livestrong.com/recipes/chicken-tortilla-soup-michelle/

No comments:

Post a Comment